If a cancellation is made up to three weeks (21 days) before the service, a refund of 75% of the service price shall be granted. Where a cancellation is made within three weeks (21 days) of the service, St. Louis Doves shall be entitled to charge the customer a cancellation fee of 50% of the full service price. A complete refund will be issued if we determine in advance of arrival that weather conditions prohibit safe release of the birds. If weather conditions force a cancellation after arrival and set up, St. Louis Doves will refund 50% of total package price.
- More than 4 weeks notice: 100% refund
- Less than 4 weeks and more than 48 hours notice: 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours notice: refund not available
- Weather conditions prohibit release before arrival of handler: 100% refund
- Weather conditions prohibit release after arrival of handler: 50% refund
Cut-off time is calculated based on the time of day and the distances the Doves must travel to get home. If your event is delayed beyond our cut-off time, you will forfeit your release and the full amount paid. Our birds can not be released under the following conditions: Thunder, Lightning, Tornado Advisories, Heavy Rain, Fog, Haze, Snow, Ice Storms and or low clouds, extreme Heat or Cold. Please note, Doves must NOT fly at night. No refunds shall be granted for unexpected Dove or guest behavior.
Please Note: As our services cover living creatures, it is understood that the release of the Doves can only be allowed if weather conditions are permitting. As live birds, we are not able to guarantee that the Doves will perform exactly as predicted, every time.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE PLANNING
- Late afternoon or end-of-day weddings, special events or funerals - the Doves must have enough time to make their way home before sunset. (one hour)
- Time the start of your ceremony to accommodate possible delays. (15 minutes or more is not uncommon)
- It is always best to check with the handler to be sure your ceremony, service or event will END in time for the Doves to navigate home safely.
- Professional handlers do not release the Doves after a certain CUTOFF TIME that is calculated based on the time of day and distances/obstacle courses the Doves must travel to get back to their home base.
- If your wedding party is delayed beyond that cutoff time, you may forfeit your release and the cost of the service.